What do I do about mosquito problems?

The City of Lake Saint Louis does not spray for mosquitoes. However, Saint Charles County does spray for mosquitoes.

Source control is highly recommended; mosquitoes breed well in stagnant pools of water. Make sure to remove all possible breeding sites such as flower pots, old tires, etc. Pools of water such as kiddie pools, garden ponds, and bird baths should be changed often to prevent mosquito larvae from becoming a predacious adult. Detention or retention ponds owned by the private property owners, including neighborhood associations are the responsibility of the property owners associations. Larvicide tablets are a good way to control the mosquito larvae.

For more information and questions, call Saint Charles County at 636-949-7900, ext. 4204.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if my street light is out?
2. Who do I contact for street maintenance, such as potholes and busted sidewalks?
3. Who do I contact about a traffic sign that has been damaged or has fallen?
4. Who do I contact for installation of a new traffic sign?
5. What do storm drains do?
6. How can I protect city storm drains?
7. Who do I report damaged storm drains to?
8. Is the city responsible for the gully behind my house?
9. Who is responsible for a fallen tree?
10. Does the Public Works Department accept yard debris?
11. Who is responsible for the retention ponds in my subdivision?
12. Who picks up dead animals on the streets?
13. Who do I contact about low water pressure?
14. What do I do about mosquito problems?
15. Who do I contact with questions about required permits?
16. If I plan to dig in my yard, whom should I call to locate utilities?