St. Charles County, Missouri
Notice of Public Hearing for a Revised Citizen Participation Plan
For the residents of Urban County jurisdictions:
Unincorporated St. Charles County and the Municipalities of St. Charles, St. Peters, Lake St. Louis, Wentzville, St. Paul, New Melle, Cottleville, and Weldon Spring.
In accordance with the Citizen Participation Plan, notice is hereby given that the County of St. Charles, Missouri, is in the process of updating the Citizen Participation Plan for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The St. Charles County Council will hold a public hearing to solicit citizen comments on an amended citizen participation plan to solicit public feedback on proposed CDBG funding in the unincorporated St. Charles County, and the participating jurisdictions of Cottleville, Lake St. Louis, New Melle, St. Peters, St Charles, St. Paul, Weldon Spring and Wentzville. The County Council will hold the following public hearing to adopt a revised Citizen Participation Plan:
Date/Time: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 7:00 pm
St. Peters Justice Center Auditorium
1020 Grand Teton Dr
St Peters, MO 63376
Enter the “Court and Auditorium” entrance on the north side of the building facing Suemandy Drive and Mid Rivers Mall. Parking is available across Suemandy Drive adjoining the Mall parking lot.
MEETING ATTENDEES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO WEAR
A CLOTH FACE COVERING.
THE PUBLIC MAY VIEW THE MEETING LIVE VIA THE FOLLOWING:
CHARTER SPECTRUM CHANNEL 993,
THE COUNTY WEBSITE (https://tv.sccmo.org/CablecastPublicSite),
THE COUNTY’S SCCMOTV YouTube CHANNEL.
Public Comment Period and Process:
The updated 2020 Citizen Participation Plan is available for a 15-day public comment period. Comments may be made from the date of this publication May 11, 2020 to May 27, 2020. Citizens wishing to submit written comments during this period may mail them to:
City of St Charles
Department of Community Development
200 N 2nd Street, Ste 303
St Charles, MO 63301
Attn: Anita Telkamp
Comments may also be emailed by May 26, 2020 to Anita Telkamp at email@example.com
You may also contact her for accessible delivery formats and language translations.
Any comments received after May 27, 2020 will be made part of the record for future Citizen Participation Plan amendments.
A Revised Citizen Participation Plan is available online on the St Charles County Community Development website at https://www.sccmo.org/203/Community-Development.
Overview of proposed updates to Citizen Participation Plan:
- Include virtual hearings as an allowed method for citizen participation in case of emergencies;
- Update the types of declared disasters or emergency events to include terrorism and infectious diseases, such as the recent COVID-19 pandemic, that may necessitate expedited substantial amendments;
- Provide details on possible actions, including reprogramming of funding and types of possible activities, that may be undertaken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Include provisions relative to Consolidated Plan Citizen Participation, Community Development Block Grant, waivers made available under the CARES Act;
- Make minor edits that do not change current citizen participation policies;
- Allow reprogramming up to 25% of the most recent grant allocation for urgent needs without prior public notice or comment, in accordance with Federal laws and regulations.
View Draft Plan